- Over 15 years writing internet software
- Proficient at API design and implementation
- Skilled in object oriented design
- Know the value of writing maintainable software
- Experienced at maintaining legacy software and documenting inherited software projects
- Successfully worked remotely with distributed teams over the span of my career
- Enjoy using open source software to solve business problems and reduce operating costs
Skilled with the following
- Languages: Java, bash, HTML, CSS, SQL, XML
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Linux, Unix
- Server Software: Tomcat, Apache, Resin, PostgreSQL, ActiveMQ
Senior Java Developer
July 2013 - July 2016
Responsible for maintaining a social media monitoring web application. Developed new APIs for other internal systems to consume. Contributed to performance optimizations and bugfixes in legacy software. Wrote system administration scripts to automate deployments of server instances at AWS and Azure.
Spam Arrest LLC
April 2008 - July 2012
PIER Systems Inc.
Feb 2007 - Mar 2008
Worked on porting their crisis preparedness and communications platform from ColdFusion to Java. Created a persistence API using Hibernate to model existing database schema.
Aug 2006 - Nov 2006
Implemented features and fixed issues in their existing J2EE platform. Integrated TARGUSInfo lead verification system into their real estate software.
Senior Technical Consultant
Oct 2005 - Aug 2006
Worked in the software development group of Professional Services. Responsible for identifying and fixing bugs in a large enterprise Java financial system.
Owner and Senior Software Developer
Feb 2002 - Sept 2005
Designed, built, and maintained a J2EE-based Mobile-Content Management and Delivery system which provided our client with a way to manage thousands of files from many different sources in a wide range of formats. Platform utilized Linux, PostgreSQL, Hibernate, EJB, XMLC, JBoss, Tomcat, and a number of open source Java projects. Worked full time from home office.
Aventail Corporation (acquired by Dell)
Aug 2000 - Jan 2002
Developed web applications on Resin Application Server. Applications included support tools for Network Operations personnel and customer facing web portals.